In 2020, Business in the Community (BITC) launched Challenge 2030, calling on business to think resilience as well as carbon, bring net zero targets closer to 2030 and take an inclusive approach to climate action. With new research and our seven–step tool, we are on a mission to help businesses deliver a just transition that creates benefits for their organisations, people and nature so all can thrive. Let us get to work.
Following the UK’s hosting of COP26, BITC is bringing together leaders from across sectors in all areas of the UK to get to work on delivering a just transition to a resilient, net zero future where people and nature can thrive.
The event will:
- Share insights from our research with YouGov to understand public perceptions, concerns, barriers to action. Find out more about the actions your employees and customers want you to take.
- Enable meaningful, action–orientated discussions on how your business can be part of delivering a just transition, through products, services and operations and within the communities you serve.
- Share BITC’s action plan to mobilise business to deliver a just transition by providing inspiring stories and opportunities to get involved in the next level of development and implementation.
- Provide opportunities for networking and relationship building in person at locations across the UK, alongside the chance to hear from others via virtual linkups.
Open to all BITC members and non–members.
About BITC’s environment campaign
By 2030 the UK needs to have delivered on its commitment to limit global warming to 1.5°C, something many consider only possible by achieving a net–zero carbon economy. It will be companies that see tackling climate change as part of future–proofing their business that prosper in this changing world.
BITC wants every business to become climate positive. This starts with developing a robust, science–based climate resilience strategy with ambitious net–zero carbon targets. We work to inspire and support our members, working with both those who are on the journey and those yet to start. Through guidance, resources and events, we equip businesses to set targets and develop inclusive action plans with employees, suppliers and community stakeholders. We also campaign for government action to support these actions.
Find out more about BITC’s work on the environment and our Challenge 2030 campaign.
Booking, contact details and further information
- For more information, contact Annette Ettarh, Events Manager at BITC.
- Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.